- Us/Our Company Tutorfinder Services Ltd and its website(www.tutorfinder.co.uk).
- User: Any person (Client or Student) who uses the Site
- Tutor: A user who is offering educational services on the Site or applying to do so.
- You/Your: Can be Tutor or User
Information we collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or book a lesson, communicate through the site, or when you contact us by email or telephone.
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Technical information used to identify you, such as login information, your IP address and the browser used to access the site.
- We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- All payment card information is handled by a third party. We do not handle any payment card information ourselves and are not PCI compliant.
Use of Your Information
We will use the information you give us:
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer and to send you newsletters
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To help us communicate with you effectively should you try to contact us via the site, including verification of any claims you may make
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and/or services that you request from us
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- As part of our efforts to keep the site safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the site about products or services that may interest you or them
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- To improve the site and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device
- To administer the site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
We may retain personal data from closed accounts in order to comply with legal obligations, enforce our terms and conditions, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations and take other actions as permitted by law
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to a buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
In operating our website it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We do our best to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Safety & Cautions
Assure the safety of children when they use the internet is very important. We suggest that children under 18 years of age do not use the Website and that a parent or guardian uses the Website on the child's behalf.
The website may use the comment section, and messaging forum in order to engage/communicate with the users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal details.
We will not indemnify for the exchange of personal details between users.
You should be aware that submission of any information over the internet is never totally secure. We cannot give you a guarantee that the security of information you submit on the website is totally secure during the transformation of the date over the internet. Any such submission is at your own risk.
It is always advisable that if you share your computer or use a computer in a public place; that you shut the web browser after use. This helps to ensure that no one can access your personal information.
We always give importance to the security of all personal information associated with our users. Only authorised personnel have access to personal information. We cannot ensure or guarantee the loss, misuse or alteration of any information, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
We will hold your information for 5 years from the last date on which you have been active on our website. We will remove your personal information data within one month after your request. We remove any information that could allow us to identify you as an individual. This includes names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses, date of births and bank details. We permanently delete all scanned documents, photos and DBS information in our databases and those of third-party processors.
We may retain records where necessary to fulfil our regulatory or statutory duties.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
In order to see our cookies policy Click here