About Hakim s
Easy Going Multi-Skilled Bachelors Teacher
I have experience tutoring and teaching both children and adults in French and English for 7+ years. Some responsibilities would involve helping learners effectively learn new language skills, such as vocabulary, spoken, written language and pronunciation.
In addition being involved in two international dance companies allow me to manage and lead projects, teach, perform and lead classes/performances internationally.
Studying for over 8 years in both France and England has allowed me to become fluent in both languages, facilitating my academic and career path.
My international exchange programme allowed me to gain extensive experience working in both countries within various fields such as, teaching, translating, tutoring and coaching.
Teaching and choreographing allows me to expand and develop numerous skills such as my creativity, communication, interpersonal, interpretive, problem solving and leadership skills.
Ba Honours Translation Studies & Linguistics
A-Levels: (French: A) (Sports Science: A) (English Literature: B) (Performing Arts: A) GCSE’s: (French A*) (English: B) (Maths: B) (Geography: B) (Physical Education: A) (Science: B) (Religious Studies: B) (Sociology: B)
NCFE Dance Practice Level 2
Dance Leadership Award for teaching Dance January 24th 2008
F.a. Coaching Level 1
Currently a senior manager at a health & nutrition company (Dynamic Health)
Responsible for leading and training others to a managerial level, handle accounts, systems and motivate whilst leading the office to run smoothly and effectively.
Dance Teacher/Tutor (London 2014/2015) INNOVATION DANCE / TEAM KAIZAN / EXTREME DANCE
French Tutor/Teacher (Paris 75 2014) Baby Speaking
-Planning and delivering dance lessons.
- Acting as a mentor or role model.
- Choreographing routines to a high standard for beginners and advanced.
- Delivering enjoyable, structured and well-planned sessions.
- Explaining and demonstrating dance techniques and methods.
- Showing pupils how to rehearse and exercise.
- Monitoring students progress and helping them set goals and targets.
- Abiding by all local regulations as well as safety protocols.
- Providing a safe, physical, emotional, and psychological environment.
- Respecting all students through a fair and equitable distribution of time,
the use of encouraging language in offering positive reinforcement, constructive criticism, and acknowledgment of achievements.
- Making everyone, regardless of ability level, feel included.
- Providing appropriate discipline.
- Delivering the best possible age-appropriate skills, content, and materials (including movement, terminology, music, choreography, technique, and historical influences).
- Modelling a healthy lifestyle.
- Planning for differentiation (including catering for gifted pupils).
- Teaching lessons at the times stipulated on the school timetable.
- Setting and marking of work to be done in school and for homework.
- Providing a stimulating working environment in the classroom.
- Successfully preparing pupils for examinations and Scholarships.
- Encouraging good personal standards of conduct, appearance and punctuality.
- French and English language and teaching skills. - Outgoingness and enthusiasm.
- Patience, tactfulness and a positive approach to teaching.
- Being able to work as a team while using initiative within work requirements.
- Ability to keep control over a large class of people.
- Friendliness, sincerity and good at networking skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Effective and engaging learning Strategies. - Active Learning, being able to actively gather new information as a teacher.
- Active Listening, being able to understand others and answer constructively.
- Social Perceptiveness, Being aware of reactions and understanding why they react as they
do. - Negotiation, bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion, persuading others to change their minds or behaviour.
TRANSLATION STUDIES & LINGUISTICS
|French||A-Level , Advanced , AS , Beginner , Common Entrance , Degree , GCSE , IB , Intermediate , Primary , Scholarship|
|English||11+ , Common Entrance , Pre-U , Primary , Scholarship|
|Physical Education - PE||11+ , A-Level , AS , GCSE|
|Maths||11+ , GCSE , Pre-U , Primary|
|Exercise and Fitness|
|Basic IT Skills|
|Final Cut Pro|