About Jacob S
Flexible A-Level, LLB Law and Essay Writing Tutor
- 6 'core' Law modules (Contract Law, Criminal Law, Law of Tort, Public Law, EU Law, Property Law, Equity & Trusts Law).
- Public International Law.
- International Criminal Law.
- International Human Rights Law.
- International Humanitarian Law.
- Refugee Law.
- Medical Law.
- Mental Health Law.
- Law of Evidence.
- Environmental Law.
Along with this more in-depth knowledge, I also studied Law at both A-Level and AS-Level, which covered the general areas of the subject. As such I would be comfortable tutoring individuals with any level of existing knowledge.
I have previously acted as a mentor for numerous first and second-year Law students during my time at the University of Surrey, assisting with their basic and in-depth understanding.
I have tutored both A-Level and Degree Level students; with both substantive content and legal essay structuring.
I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere in which students are able to learn effectively in a way which suits their needs.
The content of the sessions will vary depending on the student; ranging from covering merely the content of the law, to a more detailed analysis that touches on conflicting arguments. The favoured structure to sessions would be:
- Discuss the fundamentals (i.e. what is the law?).
- Direct the student to further resources, with questions to answer (as is essential for a sufficient understanding, particularly at the higher levels).
- Discuss these resources and questions in the next session.
Of course, students can modify this structure if they feel this is not beneficial to them.
A standard module structure can be provided upon request, although this can be tailored to the student's studies or particular areas of interest.
UNIVERSITY COLLEGE LONDON
UNIVERSITY OF SURREY
|Law||IB , Degree , A-Level|