About Graeme H
'outstanding' teacher of Physics, Science and Maths. qualified Astrophysicist. 10 years teaching experience. recognised as outstanding, trained wholeschool in teaching methods. guaranteed res
• Successfully transitioned multiple, challenging students from a post-PRU setting back in to mainstream education, Sept 2016 onwards.
• Planned and delivered the first A-Level Physics class at Walker Technology College in 12 years – all students took relevant places at universities.
• Requested by the Headteacher to train the department in ‘Accelerated learning’ and behavioural management strategies (Sept 2013 onwards).
• Above work was subsequently rolled out across the entire college, with full school training on Accelerated Learning and a fundamental shift in lesson planning and delivery.
• Requested by Shotton Hall, following ‘Outstanding’ lesson observations, to train the department in effective teaching strategies.
• Seven years of SEN teaching experience: between 30-50% of timetable was dedicated to SEN classes, each academic year.
• Planned and delivered the entire OCR A-Level Physics and AQA Entry Level Science courses, and the Physics modules for OCR Additional Applied Science.
• Experience in the pastoral side of teaching: offering individual counselling for very vulnerable pupils, agreed by SLT and Child Protection Officer; ‘Safe haven’ for vulnerable pupils during break times, after school and during free teaching periods; Form Tutor for the ‘Nurture Group’ – vulnerable students with SEN, SEB, BESD and low attendance.
PGCE IN SECONDARY SCIENCE - PHYSICS SPECIALISM
BSC(HONS) ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS
|Astronomy||A-Level , AS , GCSE , IB|
|Physics||11+ , A-Level , AS , GCSE , IB|
|Science||11+ , AS , Common Entrance , GCSE|